11 March 2011

D is for Dog Hair

Don't get me wrong, I love my pets. But I would love them more if I weren't removing evidence of their existence with a lint roller every time I left the house.

On a side note, we did, after an extensive search and many hits and misses, discover the most awesome tool in successfully removing the hair (albeit very temporarily) from the hardwood floors. Since I know we are not the only ones who stand to benefit from our find, I present to you the Shark (http://www.sharkclean.com/). Because they aren't paying me to advertise, that is all I will say. Just trust me. From one pet-hair-hating, pet lover to another - trust me.

The problem with the pet hair, besides the fact that it is everywhere all the time, is that it somehow seems to impede my daily productivity. When I'm organizing in my head the list of things I need to accomplish each day (because I do start every day with the best of intentions), I look around at the scattered, freshly shed pet hair and have myself convinced that nothing else can happen until I make my daily vacuum through the house. I don't always want to do vacuum, and since I have already established that the all or nothing mentality has an ugly hold on me, sometimes that means nothing else gets done.
On the flip side, the silly flip side, as soon as I do vacuum, I feel a renewed sense of purpose and things generally start to happen. See what I mean? Silly.

To add insult to injury, lately I'm finding other hair amidst the piles of theirs. The insulting part is that it is mine. Maybe that is the injury part. Either way, it is disheartening. I have always had a lot of hair, but as was the case the first two times, I was blessed with much more of it during my pregnancy. The pisser is that it was temporary and I seem to be losing the hair I gained at a much faster rate that I am the weight I gained. I find it on the couch, my clothes, the tub, the floor, the counters and the clutches of my unusually strong daughter. I'm amazed I still have any at all. I'm amazed any of us do. And yes, the "us" just confirmed that I am now in a group that consists of me, a dog, and a cat.

On a positive note, the pet hair might just be my best argument yet for getting some new furniture. Leather furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment